Projects are the means by which change is introduced. PRINCE2 is increasingly recognized as the most widely used project management method worldwide. The PRINCE2 framework of processes and guidance has been proven over many years to be an effective solution to the most common causes of project failure. Designed from the outset to be flexible and generic, the method can be applied and tailored to projects of any type or scale.
The importance of effective senior management in projects has been demonstrated repeatedly as one of the key contributing factors in achieving success. This guide is specifically aimed at helping project board members to direct project work efficiently, consistently and, above all, successfully. This is aligned with the latest edition of Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 which reinforces the principles that underpin successful project management, and provides guidance on how to apply those principles to any type of project.
"The updated guidance will enable people running projects of any size and in any environment to effectively control the time, cost, quality, scope, benefits and risk. It has been developed through extensive consultation with reviewers familiar with the challenges of the project board and it draws upon the real-life experiences of organizations in both the public and private sectors.
Good luck with directing your projects; whatever your role, experience or delivery environment, you will find something of value in this publication."
Peter Hepworth, Chief Executive Officer of AXELOS
- Index for quick reference
- Contains a comprehensive glossary
- Aligned to PRINCE2017 core guidance
- Useful summary chart on inside cover
- Improved structure and format to ensure ease of use
- Explains the duties and behaviour of the Project Board
- Practical approach with many illustrations and summary boxes
- Highlighted tips, definitions and key messages throughout the text
- Has appendices that cover roles and responsibilities, checklists, programmes and portfolios